Monday, November 4, 2013

Tools That Change the Way We Think

How does use of the Internet, media, and/or technology change the way you think? Focus on your memory, your ability to concentrate, your sense of time and priorities, and the subjects/topics that interest you most. 

Before I knew anything about open source learning, and being in Dr. Preston's class I felt like going on the Internet meant I was cheating, or cutting corners. I had the idea that if I needed to research something then I should be taking the time to read about it on my own or ask my teachers about it, not just Google it and find the quickest answer. However, despite of how my patients had crunched down, the internet has made everything so much faster and easier! It gives me thousands of perspectives, ideas, examples from minds all over the world with just one click. The technology in our generation is unbelievable! Its amazing how something in the palm of my hand can hold all my important information, pictures, music, banking, stocks, and contacts. I guess some would say technology has made people more lazy because we can do what ever need at home, where as before we would have to to wait or go across town to check our saving account, or buy tickets to the Dodger Game. Nonetheless, I would say technology and internet has helped me realize that there's not only one answer to every questoin, and it has helped millions of people connect to each other everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment