Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thoughts on Hamlet

Going into Hamlet I didn't have any background on the story, except that the Lion King has story line connected to Hamlet, and I knew someone was gong to die. I mean come on it Shakespeare, someone always dies in the end, and its always the good guy. Anyways I guess it would be expected to sympathize with Hamlet in the beginning because of his father's death, and knowing his Uncle was to blame, and that his mother is now married to his uncle the murderer. At first I was convinced that Claudius was the bad guy and Hamlet had to avenge his father, yet during our class discussions, i realized that we the reader never got any back ground on ghost Hamlet, or why Claudius killed him. Was there a reason? What King Hamlet the real bad guy, and Claudius actually did the right thing? From that point, I realized that I didn't know much about any of the characters, and I was already on team Hamlet. Reaching Act III Im starting to believe that maybe this whole revenge idea, and the though of killing someone, was infesting on Hamlet's mind too much, and was draining away his sanity. Because a sane person doesn't just kill somebody (Polonius) on accident and then just blow it off as if it doesn't matter. Nonetheless, I wouldn't say I sympathize fro Hamlet that much anymore, but I still want him to get his revenge on Claudius.

No comments:

Post a Comment