Thursday, November 21, 2013

Allegory of the Cave Sonnet

Dancing shadows and a flickering flame
the murmurs and echoes from wall to wall
their life in the cave, everyday is the same
this is all they know, yet its nothing at all.

There had to be something greater
these chains and shackles held their thoughts
the cave is nothing but a dictator
Until one gave life a shot.

The shadows revealed their true colors
he couldn't believe what he saw
he couldn't keep this from his neighbors
the beauty of life left him in awe.

He shouted for his friends to come
he had to share the enlightenment
yet they remained in their shackles
they couldn't understand his excitement

He was just another echo and shadow on the wall
and just like everything else, he meant nothing at all.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I reallllllly like your blog! The colors complement your background just right!
    Anyways, your sonnet really captures the essence of The Allegory of the Cave. Very nice introduction too.
    Catch me at http://mnillorhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny my dear, I simply just adore your blog!
    Your sonnet was beautiful, just make sure you dont surpass the limit of 14 lines.
    When do you want to start working on the final project?
    http://jbeebeenglitcomp13.blogspot.com/2013/11/1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your sonnet! I think it's really cool how you repeated the phrase "nothing at all" at both the beginning and the end-- it adds a nice touch :) [however, I do agree with Jasmine, you have an extra quatrain, but I don't think it's too big of a deal.]

    I also love your blog theme-- the turquoise text on the black background looks like it's glowing!
    How are you going to choose what to do for your final presentation?
    lisamalinsaplit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete