Monday, August 19, 2013

reflections on week #1

1.  Unlike last year, I won't really have anything preventing me from being on my blog,  or attending class. The only activity I have going on is Ballet folklorico at school nd at Hancock, nd then being in the marimba band, but that shouldn't really affect or get in the way of anything.
2. I think my best learning experience was being in Dr. Preston's American Lit class last year, and I am definitely glad I didn't switch back to an AP class last year. What changed my way of thinking and actually gave me a new look on school was our topic on hacking and remixing. At first hacking seems like something computer nerds would do but it made me realize that it's just a new way to see things in your own way. We were allowed to remix subjects that can connect to our thinking and not the standard thinking. It gave us the chance to be creative and an individual.
3. What I'm mostly looking forward to is going over remixes and hacking, to see what everyone can put together. This class already seems comfortable, and not afraid to shout out nd share ideas, so I'm excited to see what everyone is capable of putting together.

No comments:

Post a Comment